The fundamental design of the FICEP Coping Robotic Systems all comes down to a Cartesian robot, which positions the Plasma or Oxy Torch to perform complex cutting on all three planes of the structural steel beam or section. The coping robot provides full bevelling capability on both sides of the flanges and the web without the need of any manual intervention. The task of cutting complex shapes is controlled directly from the Windows Control Panel loaded with an extensive cut library or via the CAD system from your design office.
The Coping Work Cell provides single and compound mitre cutting of flanges on structural steel steel beams and flanges. Flange cuts accurately align with the web mitre angle. The system can be integrated into an automated line with FICEP Beam Lines to provide complete integration of drilling, coping, milling, bandsaw cut-to-length & mitre cutting.
The Robot can be equipped with oxy-fuel and plasma torches to maximise versatility and productivity. The integrated measuring probe capability instinctively compensates for typical mill tolerances to provide accurate and reliable machine performance.
FICEP's software removes the requirement for additional hardware that other machines require, such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards.
Why Invest in a FICEP Coping Robotic System?
- A comprehensive library of cuts ensures fast setup and easy selection of cutting shapes
- No manual operations required to measure, mark out and cut
- Automatic measuring ensures cutting tolerances are respected with no errors
- Cutting operations can be done in line with drilling units in order to save time
- Processing cycles and manufacturing times are drastically reduced
- Reduced production costs and workshop footprint
- Reduced reliance on skilled labour is required for complicated manual operations such as layout on the beam and manual cutting
- The carriage allows operations such as splitting, long inclined cuts for haunches generation, castelating, etc.. due to the capacity to accurately control the axes along the length of the bar
- Optimized nesting of different pieces with common cuts is allowed for minimal material wastage
- Machine chassis consisting of four columns in electrowelded steel tubes to support the robot and precision rack & pinion linear guides. Precise movement of the torch allows the highest repeatability and accuracy for complicated cutting operations
- Semi-spherical Cartesian robot with 6 controlled axes holding the oxycutting and plasma torch
- Automatic vices to guarantee perfect material clamping even during cuts where the material moves longitudinally
- Hydraulic alignment device between the first two rolls of the in-feed rollerway
- System for detection and automatic adjustment of dimensional tolerances
- The Ficep Minosse CNC Software is considered by our customers the easiest to program, user-friendly control unit on the market for beam coping and thermal cutting applications
- Plasma cutting system with Hypertherm power source for increased cutting speeds and performances of the robotic cutting cell
- Automatic torch changer allows for rapid set up time when passing from oxytorch to plasma torch and vice versa.